Outbound Youth exchange:
Dreaming of studying abroad for a year? Know a student who’s life could be changed forever with this great program?
Rotary Outbound Exchange provides students between the ages of 16 and 18 the opportunity of a lifetime! It’s a chance to spend 11 months in another country learning the language and culture. Each year, about 15 boys and girls apply through their local Rotary Club and District 6400 Students generally apply in September and October to go on exchange the next year. Outbound students and their parents are guided through months of orientation and information about the country of their exchange year. Outbound students typically stay with two or three Rotary approved families and receive a monthly stipend for incidental expenses.
Rotary Youth Exchange outbound students need to be above average students who are eager for the chance to try new things and meet new people. You will learn about other cultures, about other people and about yourself.
Contact a Rotary Club today for more information or click on the link to go to the application:
Rotary Youth Exchange OUTBOUND Timeline:
- Apply before October 15, 2021 for an Exchange starting in August of 2022
- Rotary Club Interviews student and parents in September/October 2021 and makes recommendation to Rotary District. Rotary District holds interviews of student and parents in early November
- Successful students find out their Country Assignment in January 2022
- Training for parents and students starts in January/February 2022
- Students leave on Exchange in late August of 2022 to return in June/July of 2023
For more information contact your local Rotary Club or go to www.csrye.org for complete information on participating countries and other information. The cost of the program is approximately $3,300 plus the cost of a round trip one change allowed airline ticket. You can also contact Rotary District Youth Exchange Chairperson Chuck Parsons at firstname.lastname@example.org