THE ROTARY CITATION
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE ROTARY CITATION
• Clubs have the entire Rotary year to achieve their Rotary Citation goals.
• The Rotary Citation for Rotary Clubs is completed through Rotary Club Central on My Rotary.
• To earn the citation, Rotary clubs need to set goals for more than half of the available goals and
• To nominate a Rotaract club for the Rotary Citation, the Rotaract club president completes an
online nomination form.
• To nominate an Interact club, the sponsor Rotary club president completes an online
Be sure to go to Club Central and enter your goals and then your club can go for the Citation.
2023-24 ANNUAL GOALS
ROTARY’S VISION STATEMENT
Together, we see a world where people unite
and take action to create lasting change — across
the globe, in our communities, and in ourselves.
GOALS FOR PRIORITY 1 — INCREASE OUR IMPACT
1. Eradicate polio and highlight Rotary’s role.
2. Increase the overall number of clubs and individual Rotary members giving to The Rotary
Foundation whilst increasing contributions to the Annual Fund and PolioPlus, and building
the Endowment Fund to $2.025 billion by 2025.
3. Enable and measure effective club, district, and international programs and projects
particularly in Rotary’s areas of focus.
GOALS FOR PRIORITY 2 — EXPAND OUR REACH
1. Strengthen existing and develop new partnerships to elevate Rotary’s global profile.
2. Establish and nurture new, innovative clubs and participant engagement channels.
3. Raise awareness and understanding of Rotary and Rotary members as people of action.
GOALS FOR PRIORITY 3 — ENHANCE PARTICIPANT ENGAGEMENT
1. Enhance member engagement tools that support Rotary’s core values through personal
growth, leadership development, service, and networking opportunities.
2. Reduce the number of new members leaving within their first year of membership.
3. Increase collaboration among participants particularly Rotary and Rotaract clubs.
4. Further Rotary’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion within our clubs, our
leadership, and throughout the family of Rotary.
GOALS FOR PRIORITY 4 — INCREASE OUR ABILITY TO ADAPT
1. Review Rotary’s programs and offerings to ensure their relevance and effectiveness.
2. Support and encourage the use of virtual connectivity to optimize in-person meetings,
training, fundraising, and service projects.
3. Continue to review Rotary’s service delivery and volunteer leadership structure to improve
effectiveness, responsibility, and accountability.